Shoe advice for your child
Children’s feet change rapidly. Therefore, check the shoe size of your child regularly. A shoe that’s too small could lead to inhibitions in the growing process.
Shoes for the smallest children
Has your child just started walking? Then choose loose and flexible shoes.
Is your child actually going to walk?
Then choose shoes which have:
- A sturdy and well enclosed heel part (contrefort)
- A high instep: this prevents the foot from moving (shifting)
- 1 up to 1,5 cm space between the toe and the shoe, for growing and settlement of the foot
- A good width
- None, or a very low and wide heel
- A bendable walking sole, for the settlement of the foot. Preferable a rubber profiled sole for better cushioning and a better grip on the ground.